A formal practitioner of Continuous Improvement (CI) since 1991, Hixson has developed a sophisticated CI management system focused on improving operational performance and establishing Hixson as a great place to work. Using a holistic approach, the goal of Hixson’s Continuous Improvement is to establish a culture of quality throughout the firm, at all levels.
Hixson invests approximately 4,000 hours annually on CI efforts and through specific practices such as:
- Creating clear responsibilities for quality planning and improvement at all levels within the firm.
- Following Lean principles, practices and tools, such as defining value from our clients’ perspectives and making value flow without interruption.
- Employing a full-time Director of Continuous Improvement who supports the work of CI teams by providing facilitation, data analysis, and training on CI tools as needed.
- Focusing resources on the firm’s most important improvements through the creation of an annual Hoshin Plan, a Lean tool for setting and executing strategic objectives.
- Applying systematic, proven problem-solving methods for corrective and preventive actions.
- Capturing client feedback, lessons learned, technical knowledge, and other data to leverage improvements firm-wide.
Hixson’s CI efforts directly impact our clients by helping deliver exceptional value for our services and quality of design solutions. In addition, our firm’s dedication to Continuous Improvement helps our associates by establishing our firm as a Great Place to Work.
Want to learn more about Hixson and CI? Contact us today!